Table of Contents
COVID has modified the world—in some instances, for the more serious and in others for the higher.
One good factor that’s come from it’s that it has helped us all reevaluate our priorities. And right here’s one other huge win: due to COVID’s impact on so many companies, many individuals are turning to our trade—inflicting loads of momentum. As a way to benefit from that momentum as we go into 2021, we need to be certain we’re as clear as we may be on what our pressure multipliers are so we are able to focus our groups and our efforts accordingly. We need to make sure and execute with precision and clearly with accountability and create wins in 2021.
Here’s a checklist of twelve distinctions that may assist you have got extra momentum. You might need to take an image of the checklist and discuss it in your workers conferences, or you could simply need to assessment it for your self ongoing and see which of them apply that can assist you have your finest 12 months ever.
1. CLARITY pulls you towards the route of what you got down to accomplish. You’ll be able to achieve readability of your objectives by writing them down, visualizing them, and using optimistic self-talk.
2. FOCUS ensures you don’t waste power. What you need is much less Low-Leverage Actions (LLAs) and extra Excessive-Leverage Actions (HLAs).
3. EXECUTION is the inspiration for momentum. Whenever you get issues completed and personal that you simply’ve achieved them, you get psychological energy that retains you going.
4. Get RESULTS, not excuses! Whether or not you lead the pack, you’re in gross sales, or no matter your place, you must maintain issues transferring and personal the truth that the outcomes are as much as you.
5. REVIEW your objectives every day and modify your every day lists to make certain they align along with your international objectives. For those who’re a part of a group, huddle and synergize on the objectives at hand.
6. SOLVE issues. Be a roadblock buster. Issues can come up each day to get in your means. Life shouldn’t be good. Be versatile and have the mindset of being an issue solver. For those who can’t personally remedy the issue, attain out for a “lifeline”—get extra info, discover a know-how instrument that can allow you to, or attain out to somebody who can help you.
7. Put it in your LIST. If it’s not in your calendar, it doesn’t matter that a lot to you. Schedule actions in your every day lists, whether or not they’re hand-written, in your pc, or in your telephone (or all three).
8. EMPLOY Manufacturing Earlier than Perfection. Caught leaders can paralyze a company. Bear in mind that folks can get caught due to perfectionism, and perfectionism can stunt momentum. Make certain to get folks transferring (together with your self) as a result of a RESULTS tradition is a profitable tradition! Procrastination is the enemy of momentum.
9. Have relentless ranges of URGENCY. Perceive that pondering—the proper pondering—impacts your success. If you need extra momentum, develop the pondering of Nike—Simply do it!
10. Get the Xs within the field. On the finish of the day, you both obtained it completed, otherwise you didn’t. For those who obtained it completed, you possibly can put an X within the field and really feel the accomplishment. Accomplishments help momentum!
11. Ask your self what you are able to do proper NOW to maintain your momentum going. Perhaps you must:
Make a telephone name
Ship an electronic mail
Ship a textual content
Give a present
Write a notice
Hearken to a coaching
12. The stronger your need, the extra MOTIVATED you might be. Be clear on what you worth and know what you need. Leverage self-talk. Say one thing like, “I’m an individual of motion, and I get it completed.”
The earlier you get going, the simpler it’s to maintain transferring ahead. As you achieve pace and keep targeted, momentum will take over, and also you’ll be unstoppable.
Tony Jeary—The RESULTS Man™—is a prolific creator and a strategist. His group, TJI, facilitates highly effective conferences, keynote occasions and coaches excessive performers to speed up their outcomes.